“Creativity doesn’t wait for that perfect moment. It fashions its own perfect moments out of ordinary ones”. The NIFT Situation test- the second phase of the NIFT Entrance Examination, is conducted to evaluate the candidate’s creative, innovative and material handling skills. The NIFT Situation test is held in the month of April/May, followed by the interview process of the selected candidates. Candidates who clear the NIFT Situation test will be eligible to get admission in one of the NIFT institutes located across 16 states in the Country.
IID is a training institute that provides one of the best NIFT coaching classes in Pune, guiding students to crack the NIFT Entrance Exam, giving them an opportunity to get admission in one of the NIFT colleges.
Some of the important dates for candidates to remember regarding the NIFT Exam are as follows:
|NIFT entrance test (Aptitude)- conducted||January 19, 2020|
|NIFT result 2020 (For B.F. Tech)||February/March 2020|
|NIFT Result 2020 (For B. Des)||February /March 2020|
|Slot booking for NIFT situation test 2020||Fourth week of March to first week of April 2020|
|NIFT 2020 situation test, group discussion, interview||April/May 2020|
|Final result of NIFT after situation test||May/June 2020|
Candidates appearing for the NIFT Situation test 2020 are required to carry a call letter to the test centre. The steps mentioned below will guide you to download the same.
- Go to the official web page of NIFT, click on the registration option and enter your login details– Your NIFT 2020 application number, date of birth and password.
- After entering your details, a “Download call letter” option appears. Click on it. You can view your call letter on the screen. Take a printout of the same to Examination.
Analysis of the NIFT Situation test 2020
A duration of two hours is given to the candidates to finish the task for the NIFT Situation test 2020. Take a look at the parameters based on which the candidates will be evaluated on:
- Colour Scheme
- Space Visualization
- Construction Skill
- Composition of elements
- Creative and innovative use of the given Material
- Finesse of the final model
- Overall presentation skills
- Write up of the model presented
- Additional or outside material is not allowed.
- The concept of the model must be explained in English Language only.
- The candidates will be assessed by the jury immediately.
Tips or strategies to prepare for the NIFT Situation test 2020:
Candidates are evaluated based on their material handling skills to make 3D models, in order to complete the task given in the NIFT Situation test.
Let us give you a clear idea of the situation test. You are required to create a three-dimensional model with various materials provided – based on a specified topic or theme. Materials like ice cream sticks, mount board, colour papers, straws, thread etc are a few examples of what is provided. A three-dimensional model has to be created within the allotted time.
How IID helps in improving a candidate’s skills in the situation test?
There are certain areas wherein the students need to be more focussed. IID guides students to hone their skills and become comfortable with material handling. Some of the points IID tutor’s on, while preparing students for the Situation test are:
- Honing creative thinking
- Working with ease on diverse themes
- 3D model making using a wide range of materials
- Basic and advanced model making techniques
- Tips to prepare the perfect write up for the model.
Few tips to crack the NIFT Situation test:
- Think about the task at hand for 5 minutes.
- Sketch out at least 3 ideas. Choose the most unusual and unique version and visualize how it would look as a 3D model.
- Select the materials you’ll need to make your model and choose an appropriate colour palette accordingly. Unless specified, do not try to crowd your model with every single material given to you.
- Construct a stable 3D model.
- Keep your workstation neat and clean. Keep the cardboard base covered with paper. Raw edges of your work shouldn’t be visible. Do not make a hasty execution.
- Explain your work precisely with a bang on write-up. Do not use ornamental language, praising etc. Make the handwriting legible.
Remember, material handling is the most important task in situation test.
You are given a few materials in a packed cover and you are not allowed to touch it before your time starts. You expect pleasant surprises, but sometimes you receive setbacks. Be prepared.
Papers, ice-cream sticks, straws, matchsticks, plastic cups, notice board pins, plastic balls, wire, thermocol balls, cardboard, clay, etc. These are the basic items you are provided with, in the exam. Be flexible with the material – make it work.
If you have absorbed these inputs, you are closer to realising your dream of joining NIFT. Remember, the NIFT situation test is the real game changer for you. It is a test that filters only the best. And in order to be among the best, be well-trained to beat the rest. At IID, we provide special sessions by professionals in the field of fashion and designing to give you an experience of real-life exposure. The expert trainers at IID make the learning experience engaging, interesting and enjoyable. We provide you the ultimate guide to crack the NIFT Situation test.