The National Institute of Fashion Technology is one of the top players in the fashion industry, known for its ability to blend knowledge, classical art, modern though, educational freedom and design variations with technology and imaginative thinking. The institute is commended for continuously updating its curriculum to sync with the changing trends of the industry.
With over three decades of in the fashion education industry, NIFT has built a name for itself by determining and focusing on core values and nurturing academic superiority.
Due to this, the industries have, on multiple occasions, been referred to as the guide of the industry-academia engagement and fundamental enabler in generating competent professionals.
In this article, we have discussed all the details that students should know while applying to this institute.
Who Can Apply?
Any applicant who meets the designated age and educational eligibility criteria for the concerned programme can apply.
Maximum age must be 23 years as of 1st June 2020. The uppermost age limit may be eased by
a period of 5 (five) years for applicants of Scheduled Tribe/ Scheduled Caste/ Person with Disability (PWD) categories
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Programmes (Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / Knitwear Design / Fashion Communication)
- The +2 level examinations in the 10+2 pattern of examination of a known Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, like Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi. or
- A passing grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination administered by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects
- 3 or 4-years diploma verified by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education. or
- A Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in international countries sanctioned by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system. or
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/ Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB)
How To Apply
Assent of Application Form Candidates can register online at www.nift.ac.in
Rules for registering online might be referred for the goal.
The Application Fee has to be paid through the online payment gateway. Fee: For General/OBC (Non-Creamy) / General – EWS Category: Rs.2000/- through the payment gateway. Fee for SC/ ST/ PWD Category: Rs.1000/- through the payment gateway.
Mode of Payment
Credit Cards/Debit Cards Payments of administration fee (Rs.2000/- or Rs.1000/-) can be executed through credit cards/debit cards as described above.
The Bank and transaction prices on the administration fee will be sustained by the applicant.
Applicants are encouraged to apply on time. For any support, may reach the Director of the most adjacent of the NIFT Campus.
Candidates are suggested to keep a printout/photocopy of Application Form for additional reference accompanying with proof of payment.
Placement Process At NIFT
The NIFT has a centralized placement process, wherein companies can employ skilled students from multiple campuses or courses. The placement process is ideally carried out via two routes, which is facilitated by the institute.
In this route, companies register for campus placements, depending on the schedule that is provided. Once the date and time are confirmed, the companies can come to the campus.
Pre-Placement Offers (PPO)
In this route, companies can extend a job offer to students before the on-campus placement. Once the student accepts the offer, it is considered a job placement.
Stay tuned with our blog for more information on different design courses and exam details!