Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) is an entrance examination conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. It is the joint entrance examination for admission into Bachelor of Design programs in IIT-Bombay, IIT-Guwahati and IITDM-Jabalpur. It is conducted under the guidance of UCEED Admissions committee.
Candidates who qualify UCEED exam need to separately apply for admission as per the procedure prescribed by the college. Admissions to the B.Des course are made on the basis of merit in each category.
What are the important dates to be kept in mind for UCEED 2020?
|Release of Online Application Form
2nd week of October 2019
|Last date to submit the application
2nd week of November 2019
|Last date to register with late fee
3rd week of November 2019
|Availability of Admit card
1st week of January 2020
|Last date to rectify discrepancies in the admit card
1st week of January 2020
|UCEED 2020 Examination
3rd week of January 2020
|Publication of Answer key
4th week of January 2020
|Last date to send comments related to Answer Key
Last week of January 2020
|Release of results & score card download
1st week of March 2020
What is the process to apply for UCEED?
- Step 1: Fill UCEED application form: The application process for UCEED exam is a three-step process. The registration form for UCEED 2020 will be made available on the UCEED website in the first week of October 2019. Registration for the exam is possible only online. Thereafter, upload all the necessary documents and then pay the application fee for the exam. The application fee for this exam is neither refundable nor transferable.
- Step 2: Download UCEED Admit Card: Candidates can download UCEED 2019 admit card from the official website of the exam. The admit card for UCEED would include the candidate’s name, roll number, photograph, signature, exam schedule, examination centre details as well as exam instructions.
- Step 3: Appear for UCEED 2019: UCEED Exam will be organized in the third week of January 2020 in Online CBT and comprises of three sections containing different types of questions such as numerical answer type questions, multiple select questions and multiple choice questions.
What are the documents to be submitted while filling the UCEED application form?
- Scanned photograph
- Scanned signature
- ST/SC/OBC-NCL certificate
- PwD/DA certificate
- Qualifying exam certificates.
What is the UCEED Syllabus?
1. Visualisation and spatial ability: Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test: understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships; knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
2. Observation and design sensitivity: Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
3.Environmental and social awareness: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
4. Analytical and logical reasoning: Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
5. Language and creativity: Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar such as sentence structure and usage, the use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, and active and passive constructions, etc. & vocabulary skills. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
6. Design thinking and problem solving: Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.